Communication serves as the backbone for businesses, playing an integral part in their growth and progress. In order to build and maintain the bond between the client, B2B or any other marketing departments, the course of communication needs to be clear and concise. Companies that are not reachable due to busy lines or poor connectivity can create an adverse impression before their clientele. That is where the effectiveness of Auto-attendant system comes into play. An auto-attendant system is a pre-recorded virtual receptionist system that facilitates customer calls and allows a company to effectively manage their communication channels. Created with additional ramifications like menu trees. With the auto-attendant system as part of your office phone system, a company can ensure that no calls are left unanswered.
If you are setting up a business and are looking for the best business phones for small business then there may be certain factors that you would want to look into. Here we have compiled a list of things that would need your consideration if you have decided to install an Auto-Attendant system.
Check-list when Upgrading your Business Phone to Auto-Attendant
Upgrading your business phone to an auto-attendant system is an extremely useful and cost-effective solution as the automated system minimizes manpower, thus serving as a replacement of an operator. Here are the things an organization needs to consider when upgrading their office phone systems to an Auto-attendant system.
- Calls answered by the automated system should be simple and easy to follow for anyone calling in to understand. Simple in greeting and menu options are better than complicated menu options.
- Set greetings according to the clock. Companies that provide 24/7 service should set up separate greetings for day, evening, and night time.
- Also, set up a greeting in accordance with the special days like Christmas, New Year, and other such important occasions.
- Keep the voice consistent, the pitch, disposition and the same person voice in order to not create confusion.
- Set the number options forward and not backward. For example, “For Finance, Press 1” is a forward option whereas “Press 1, for Sales” is backward. It’s generally easier for the brain to understand forward instructions rather than a backward option.
- Make sure when the caller is put on hold, they aren’t listening to the air or the office background as it sounds unprofessional. Instead put something worth their waiting time, like a marketing message or a music track that is appropriate and in-line with your line of work.
- Some organizations create a loop when a particular extension was unavailable to take the call while others send it to a voice mailbox. You can choose your option as per the nature of your business.
Get in touch with Monster VoIP right away to find out more on how we can help. Monster VoIP ensures effective communication throughout an organization.